The Versatile Blogger Award
I’ve been missing in action for a few days but the lovely Annie kindly nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award, so I’m back – thank you, Annie! I’m still in awe of those who have been managing to blog every day on the #Blogging101 course for January. I’m determined to keep up regular, if not daily, blogs and I hope you’ll stay with me.
Show the award on your blog.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 blogs.
Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven Facts About Me
Some of these are fairly well known – which surprises you most?
1. My maiden name is Scottish but we don’t come from the Scottish town of Kelso – we’re from the Isle of Arran.
2. When I was young, I went to elecution lessons and recited poetry. It wasn’t my idea – I was much to shy to be good at performances. I went on to train people to speak in public.
3. I earned my Queen’s Guide award when I was 16. Sadly the Queen didn’t present it to me in person.
4. I used to be a campanologist – ringing the bells of St Sampson’s Church, Cricklade in Wiltshire.
5. My first pet was a guinea pig called Gregory. He was a golden agouti. I swapped him for a budgie, which I trained to talk.
6. My childhood ambition was to be a vet.
7. My first work experience was as an assistant to archaeologists on a dig. I found green glaze pottery and Samian ware.
I’ll be adding my selection of fifteen bloggers here gradually, as I find them.